The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board School Year Calendar Committee is comprised of parent representatives, students and various employee groups. The Committee has begun the process of planning the school year calendar for the 2016-2017 school year.
There are many factors to consider in establishing each school year calendar. School boards are required to prepare, adopt, and submit to the Ministry of Education, on or before May 1st (or March 1 for a modified calendar) of each year, the school year calendar to be followed in the next school year. This includes start and end dates, professional development days and school breaks.
As the Committee prepares to make recommendations for the next school year, we are seeking your feedback on the options available for next year’s Winter Break 2016-2017. Your feedback will be shared with the Committee as they make their recommendations.
The options being considered are:
– Last day of school Friday, December 16, 2016
– No school from December 17, 2016 – January 1, 2017
– Students returning to school Monday, January 2, 2017
– Last day of school Friday, December 23, 2016
– No school from December 24, 2016- January 8,2017
– Students returning to school on Monday, January 9, 2017