OC Transpo will be holding an online public consultation from May 16 to 31, to allow customers and residents an opportunity to provide feedback on the expansion of their Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) policy.
OC Transpo uses CCTV cameras to enhance the safety and security of its customers, employees, property and the transit system as a whole, and to support daily operations. CCTV cameras often act as a preventative deterrent of criminal activity and other unwanted behaviour.
With the introduction of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018 and the most recent expansion of the Trillium Line, there will be more stations, vehicles and facilities that require CCTV cameras. These upcoming changes warrant a review of the policies that regulate the use of CCTV on OC Transpo property.
OC Transpo customers and residents can provide their comments by:
- Filling out an online feedback form available on octranspo.com.
- Requesting a form by mail.
- Filling out a form in person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centres.
- Requesting assistance to complete a form by calling OC Transpo’s Customer Relations Line at 613-842-3600.
- Persons with hearing loss or with speech or language impairments can use the Text Telephone (TTY) Line at 613-741-5280.
- Persons who speak languages other than English or French can use OC Transpo’s Interpretation Line at 613-741-4390.
For more information on the CCTV public consultation, please visit octranspo.com.