Starting Sunday, January 17, the next phase of OC Transpo route adjustments to accommodate O-Train Confederation Line construction will take effect. These adjustments require the closure of the Transitway roadway just west of downtown, between Merton Street and Empress Avenue. Buses will be adjusted to run on the newly constructed bus-only lanes along Scott and Albert Streets.
Changes have been designed to maintain important connections for customers and minimize the number of buses running on Scott Street. Most customers using this section of the Transitway will have a slightly longer travel time. They will also see changes to the platform locations at Bayview and LeBreton Stations, which move south to Albert Street.
All customers are encouraged to visit octranspo.com and use the new travel planner to see if their trips are affected.
On Track 2018 – Confederation Line Construction
January 17 – Summary of Changes
- Transitway roadway closes between Empress Avenue and Merton Street, and buses will be rerouted to bus lanes on Albert and Scott streets
- Routes 86, 87, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99, as well as all west-end express and peak-only routes will use Scott and Albert
- Customers using these routes will see travel times increase by up to three minutes
- LeBreton and Bayview Transitway stations will be relocated slightly south to Albert Street
- All routes serving LeBreton and Bayview will continue to serve these stations
- Out-of-service buses will be routed via the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway in order to minimize the number of buses on Scott and Albert
Real-time schedule information is available 24 hours a day, up to six days in advance, by calling 613-560-1000or texting 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number. For more details, travel planning assistance, and new timetables, customers should call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.