How do you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Ottawa? With friends and family? With your kids? A formal black tie event? Dancing and champagne? Here are some suggestion for things to do on New Year’s in Ottawa on December 31, 2014.
- The Mad Hatter’s NYE Ball
The Mad Hatter’s New Year’s Ball is the place to be in the National Capital this December 31st 2014! Expect a lavish evening of larger than life entertainment, live band, hatter appropriate cirque performances, confetti blasts, spectacular cocktails and food, staff with flare, DJs, dancing and the maddest tea party you could ever imagine. The Mad Hatter’s New Year’s Ball will be sure to knock your socks off
Are there fireworks on New Year’s Eve?
- There are no fireworks planned for Parliament Hill.
- There are fireworks at a few places elsewhere:
– Lansdowne Park – fireworks as part of TD Hogmanay
– Sparks Street New Year’s Eve party
– Centrepointe – over in Nepean, city councillor Rick Chiarelli hosts an annual alcohol-free family event at Ben Franklin Place (the old Nepean City Hall) in Centrepointe. The fireworks usually start at 10:00pm so you can get your kids home early for bed.
- Open and closed on New Year’s Day, January 1
- OC Transpo bus service is free on New Year’s Eve after 8:00pm
New Year’s Eve 2014 Events