City Council today considered and approved recommendations related to the Council and Committee structure, policies, procedures and other governance matters associated with the 2014-2018 Term of Council.
Council’s Standing Committees and Sub-Committees will be as follows:
- Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee
- Audit Committee (new)
- Community and Protective Services Committee
- Environment Committee
- Finance and Economic Development Committee and two associated Sub-Committees: the Information Technology Sub-Committee and the Member Services Sub-Committee. The former Audit Sub-Committee is now a Standing Committee while the former Debenture Committee and the Governance Renewal Sub-Committee are eliminated.
- Planning Committee and its associated Built Heritage Sub-Committee
- Transit Commission
- Transportation Committee
Council also approved the establishment of the following Advisory Committees:
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Arts, Culture, Heritage and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee
- French Language Services Advisory Committee
The former Community Services Advisory Committee is eliminated as its mandate is being accomplished through other means consistent with the City’s Public Engagement Strategy.
A Nominating Committee comprised of Mayor Jim Watson as Chair and 11 Councillors, will meet on December 9 to consider the composition of the various committees and boards and make recommendations to be considered by City Council on December 10.
Council also directed the City Treasurer to present a Budget Directions Report on December 10 with a plan for how the 2015 budget will be carried out, including a timetable.