The Bytowne Cinema. Photo by Caroline Fournier.
Caroline says: "Long gone are the days of the single room cinema and going to the Bytowne is like walking back to your grandma's house ... old but yet comforting."
Ottawa Movies Guide
This is the place to find Ottawa movie listings, a directy of theatres, film events and festivals, plus more about the film scene in the Nation's Capital
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
June 19: CPR Level C and AED course
Pulse First Aid is holding a CPR Level C and AED course on June 19, 2013. The course will be held at 255 Montreal from 6pm-10pm. All participants will be issued certifications valid for 1 year upon completion of the course. The course costs $40.00 + HST. Contact email@example.com
Mill Heritage Fair: June 21-23, 2013
A living history retreat with Regency ball, Guinness Record Attempt, workshops (Dying in Battle, Duelling, Period Cooking, and more) and Skirmish.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Click on a marker to see theatre info and link to showtimes.
If you find any errors or ommissions, please let us know! For more local movie listings:
We recommend Cinema Clock or Tribute.ca or FindMoviesFast.ca
Ottawa Theatres - Independent
Ottawa Theatres - Chains
- Théâtre IMAX (Museum of Civilization)
- Cineplex Odeon Barrhaven
- Coliseum Ottawa
- CP Theatres (Carleton Place)
- Empire Theatres Kanata (formerly AMC Kanata 24)
- Empire 7 Ottawa (World Exchange)
- Empire Orleans
- Rainbow Cinema (St. Laurent Shopping Centre)
- Rideau Centre (Empire Theatres)
- SilverCity Gloucester
- South Keys
Gatineau Theatres - Chains
- OttawaStart Blog: Movies
- A.C.T. Ottawa
A.C.T. Ottawa (Acting for Cinema and Television), is a local acting school, that posts a list of auditions happening in the Ottawa area. You might be surprised at the number of productions looking for help: there's usually at least one audition each week in the region. But don't get excited about a Hollywood-sized paycheque most of the parts pay very little or nothing at all.
- Anime in Ottawa
- Canadian Film Institute
- Capital City Squad
Star Wars costume club
- Centretown Movies Outdoor
Do you remember drive-in theatres? This festival is the next best thing — but without the steamy windshields. Hundreds of people bring their lawn chairs and blankets down to Dundonald Park (near Somerset & Kent/Lyon) to see some great films in the great outdoors. Admission is pay-what-you-can.
See also: Centretown Movies announces schedule for 2011
- CinemaObsessed.com (blog/reviews)
- Cinema Treasures
of Ottawa Movie Theatres
The Eastview, The Regent, The Elgin, The Rialto, The Nelson, Capitol Square ... they're all old movie theaters in Ottawa. This site offers listings, photos, scans, and more memorabilia from old (and new) movie theatres in the capital.
- EZ-DVD Inc.
- Filmburgers (blog)
- Independant Film Co-operative of Ottawa (IFCO)
- Joel Crary (local movie review blog)
- Midnight Oil: Movies & More (a blog covering TVO's Saturday Night at the Movies)
- One More Bullet (a local blog about action movies)
- Ottawa drive-in theatres
- Ottawa Film Society
- OGFT: Ottawa-Gatineau Film and Television Development Corporation
- Ottawa Production Guide / Blog
- Wakefield International Film Festival (Feb/Mar 2011)
- W.T.S. Entertainment (movie production)