On Friday, June 19 at 9 p.m., the Queensway will be reduced by one lane in both directions from Nicholas to Cyrville until Monday, June 22 at 6 a.m.
Due to the scheduled FIFA Soccer event this weekend, the lanes will be reinstated in the westbound direction from 1 to 4 p.m. and in the eastbound direction from 6 to 8 p.m.
The lane reductions are necessary in order to complete asphalt paving and other final activities along these portions of the highway.
Variable messaging signs are in place.
This work is part of the Highway 417 expansion project, which began in May 2013 and will add an additional lane in each direction between Nicholas Street and the Highway 417/Highway 174 split. The additional lane will be used for bus rapid transit during the 2015 to 2018 phase of the O-Train Confederation Line construction.
The City of Ottawa has tools to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
Further details and other information about this project are available on the MTO website.