Carling Avenue is currently reduced by one lane in each direction from Champagne Avenue to Preston Street during off peak periods. These lane reductions will be in place until the end of October and are required as part of the O-Train Trillium Line multi-use pathway extension project.
The existing multi-use pathway from Young Street to Carling Avenue remains closed during the construction period. Please follow signed detours. During construction, cyclists and pedestrians will still be able to access the Hickory Street Bridge and Adeline Street.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.