TD Ottawa Jazz Festival 2013 - June 20-July 1, 2013
This annual summer festival is one of Ottawa's oldest music events, dating back to 1980. The festival takes place at Confederation Park in downtown Ottawa.
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- The Ottawa Acting Company
The Ottawa Acting Company is Ottawa's newest centre for theatre education and performance. Located on Bank Street in the heart of the Glebe, the Ottawa Acting Company offers weekly adult and youth acting classes in the evenings and weekends, while our "Studio 55" offers afternoon classes for seniors. We will get you up on your feet and acting from the beginning!
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Amanda Cottreau - Almost Christmas Single
Need a break from the cookie cutter Christmas carols!? Westboro songstress Amanda Cottreau just released a new single - Almost Christmas. The ambient guitar soundscapes coupled with soothing vocals and comically candid lyrics are sure to take the edge off this "holiday" season. Get it today!
- Christmas Craft Shows
A list of upcoming Christmas craft shows and bazaars in the Ottawa area. Good luck with your gift shopping!
- Christmas Light Displays
A big list of dozens of Chirstmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including Parliament Hill, Upper Canada Village, and Taffy Lane in Orleans.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
This year's line-up
- Dr. John & The Nite Trippers (June 20)
- Willie Nelson (June 21)
- David Murray Big Band featuring Macy Gray (June 22)
- David Byrne & St. Vincent (June 23)
- Bob James, David Sanborn: Featuring Steve Gadd (June 24)
- Spanish Harlem Orchestra (June 25)
- The Doobie Brothers (June 26, replacing Aretha Franklin who had to cancel for health reasons)
- Boz Scaggs (June 27)
- The Bad Plus (June 28)
- Wynton Marsalis (June 29)
- Wayne Shorter, Los Gringos, and more (June 30)
- The full line-up is here...
- Canada Day Line-Up: All shows on July 1 are free...
- Tickets are available in person at the Ottawa Jazz Festival office, 294 Albert Street, Suite 602, 613-241-2633 or online at the Ottawa Jazz Festival web site
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival (official
The official site of the 2013 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival includes a full calendar plus information about all the performing artists.
Offers extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience.
- Ottawa Blues, Jazz &
Updated by local music fan Jim Roy, he publishes weekly updates of events taking place in and around Ottawa.
Year-round, your best bet for local jazz events and information is OttawaJazz.com. It has an extensive events calendar, links to local musicians, and jazz news.
- OttawaStart Blog: Jazz Festival
A brief history
The festival was founded in 1980 by local musicians Bob Misener and Tony Pope - subsequently joined by the late Bill Shuttleworth – who wanted to throw a summertime jazz festival to celebrate and develop the popular jazz scene in Ottawa. Read more...
The latest on Twitter