TD Ottawa Jazz Festival 2013 - June 20-July 1, 2013
This annual summer festival is one of Ottawa's oldest music events, dating back to 1980. The festival takes place at Confederation Park in downtown Ottawa.
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Feb 15-March 9, 2014: Wakefield International Film Festival
Wakefield International Film Festival (WIFF) runs from February 15th to March 9th at the Wakefield LaPêche Community Centre in the beautiful village of Wakefield, QC. Now in its 5th year, WIFF screens the very best in current documentary film. Thought-provoking, passionate, challenging, inspiring – and definitely not boring. More information: www.wakefieldfilmfestival.ca
- March 15-16, 2014: The Outdoor & Adventure Travel Show
Get pumped for Spring! Buy gear. Plan your cycling or camping trip. Get splashed at the paddlesports pool! Get fit with Hal Johnson & Joanne McLeod! Meet the star of Angry Planet! Kids get in FREE! They’ll flip out for the BMX Stunt show, zipline, and rockwalls! March 15-16 at the EY Centre. 2-for-1 tickets available online at www.adventureottawa.ca.
- March 23, 2014: The Passage to Easter: A Choral Journey
A unique concert highlighting Russian Orthodox liturgical music journeying from Great Lent to Easter. The stirring a capella program will be performed by the St. Xenia of Petersburg Choir with the Slava Chamber Choir of Sherbrooke. A complimentary reception with choristers to follow. Tickets: $20 online: easterconcertstxenia.eventbrite.ca
- Sunday, March 30, 2014: Coronation St. Gary & Owen: Men at Work Tour
Truly a rare treat for Coronation Street fans, a chance to see and hear from Gary & Owen the new generation of Corrie Stars who are behind some of the latest exciting stories. Join them for a hosted interview & Q&A. Tickets at Shenkman Theatre, 613.580.2700
May 10, 2014: BLOOM: Mother's Day Edition (call for artisans)
MAC FAIR proudly presents "BLOOM: Mother's Day Edition" on Saturday May 10 at Immaculata High School, 140 Main St. Looking for local artisans of QUALITY, DISTINCTIVE, HAND MADE (by you!) items. This is a juried event and we are looking for the cream of the crop! If you are looking for a large, well-organized, well-promoted event at a great location, with a loyal following of customers, check us out! Find everything you need to know, and get to the online application, at MACFAIRCrafts.com. You can also check us out on Facebook. Application deadline is February 1.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
This year's line-up
- Dr. John & The Nite Trippers (June 20)
- Willie Nelson (June 21)
- David Murray Big Band featuring Macy Gray (June 22)
- David Byrne & St. Vincent (June 23)
- Bob James, David Sanborn: Featuring Steve Gadd (June 24)
- Spanish Harlem Orchestra (June 25)
- The Doobie Brothers (June 26, replacing Aretha Franklin who had to cancel for health reasons)
- Boz Scaggs (June 27)
- The Bad Plus (June 28)
- Wynton Marsalis (June 29)
- Wayne Shorter, Los Gringos, and more (June 30)
- The full line-up is here...
- Canada Day Line-Up: All shows on July 1 are free...
- Tickets are available in person at the Ottawa Jazz Festival office, 294 Albert Street, Suite 602, 613-241-2633 or online at the Ottawa Jazz Festival web site
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival (official
The official site of the 2013 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival includes a full calendar plus information about all the performing artists.
Offers extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience.
- Ottawa Blues, Jazz &
Updated by local music fan Jim Roy, he publishes weekly updates of events taking place in and around Ottawa.
Year-round, your best bet for local jazz events and information is OttawaJazz.com. It has an extensive events calendar, links to local musicians, and jazz news.
- OttawaStart Blog: Jazz Festival
A brief history
The festival was founded in 1980 by local musicians Bob Misener and Tony Pope - subsequently joined by the late Bill Shuttleworth – who wanted to throw a summertime jazz festival to celebrate and develop the popular jazz scene in Ottawa. Read more...
The latest on Twitter