(media advisory from City of Ottawa)
With the upcoming candidate nomination period and third party registration starting on May 1, 2018, the City of Ottawa’s Elections Office will be holding a Candidate and Third Party Advertiser Information Session on Thursday, April 19, 2018.
The information session will cover election information for potential candidates and third party advertisers, including:
- The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 and recent amendments;
- Eligibility requirements;
- Candidate nomination process;
- Thirdparty advertiser registration;
- Election signs and campaign advertisements;
- Campaign finances;
- Additional resources and more.
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Time: 6 pm to 8 pm
Location: Council Chambers (Andrew S. Haydon Hall), City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West
To ensure adequate presentation materials are available, please contact the Elections Office by telephone at 613-580-2660 or by e-mail at email@example.com by Monday, April 16, 2018 to register.
For more information on the 2018 Municipal Elections, visit ottawa.ca/vote.