Seriously, I think that Mayor Jim Watson has been cloned. Here’s his itinerary from today, obtained by OttawaStart via an Official Access to Tweets request. About the only event he missed today was the appearance of Darth Vader at the Comic Book Shoppe. And the day’s not over yet.
- Help hand out rain barrels in Riverside South
- Plant some trees in Riverside South
- Wish Happy Birthday to Giant Tiger on the 50th Anniversary
- Speak at the Lowertown Community Clean-Up
- More speaking, this time at the Tulip Festival at Majors Hill Park
- Hang out at M&M meat shop fundraiser with Rick Chiarelli
- Check out the Hintonburg Tulip Festival
- Attend the 40th Anniversary of the Gloucester Skating Club
Also, we’re not the first to speculate about the cloning. There were allegations of mayoral cloning during last year’s election campaign.
See also: Ottawa Politics Guide