On Monday, June 22, at 9 a.m., Hog’s Back Road will be closed to all traffic between Colonel By Drive and Prince of Wales Drive to allow for emergency repair work to the bridge along this portion of the road. The closure is expected to continue until Friday, June 26.
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians expecting to travel between Prince of Wales Drive and Riverside Drive will be detoured to Heron Road. Detour signage will be posted and police will be on site to help direct traffic.
During this closure, travellers are recommended to cross the river and canal well in advance of Hog’s Back
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
Further details and other information concerning City road works are available on ottawa.ca.