Motorists are being advised that the Highway 417 eastbound off-ramp at Kent Street will remain closed until mid-December.
The ramp has been closed since mid-September and will remain closed as part of the overall Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Kent Street Bridges replacement construction project.
Motorists are encouraged to plan their route in advance and to consider using alternative forms of transportation. The City of Ottawa has several tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav– the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report– outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Plannerat octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map– showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling mapsand information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city