List of Ottawa restaurants, specialty food stores, and food blogs
Ottawa loves to eat out. We've got a restaurant to represent just about every nationality - from African to Vietnamese. Whether you're looking for fine dining or take-out, you'll find lots of delicious choices in the city.
- Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods
Jane Elizabeth's Allergy Safe Foods is an Ottawa-based enterprise committed to finding and creating good-tasting and allergy-safe foods. Baking is done by hand and overseen by the mother of a food allergic child. The allergen control policy of suppliers is researched before ingredients are included. An organic option is offered when possible.
Menu.ca provides the tools and technology a restaurant needs to succeed and grow - offering a complete online ordering system along with internet marketing services that help build customer loyalty, maximize brand power, and increase revenue. Menu.ca: 1338 Wellington Street West, Unit 200 Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 3B7, 613-663-6846, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Herb & Spice Food Shop – 375 Bank Street
Herb & Spice Food Shop in Centretown has everything you need for healthy living, from everyday staples to specialty items! Featuring fresh organic produce, vegan/vegetarian options, raw foods, gluten-free, a large bulk selection, culinary and medicinal herbs, eco-friendly household supplies and more. Open ‘til 9 every night!
- Silver Platter Catering Ltd.
You Special Occasion, Your Customized Menu. Our Service. Silver Platter Catering Ltd. is located in Kanata and focuses on all of our clients' catering needs from BUSINESS to PERSONAL PARTIES/EVENTS. Our exceptional service and phenomenal foods features WORLD Cuisine. CALL TEENY Today 613-867-1623 to start YOUR Special Catering Service!
- Chilly Chiles
Are you a Hothead or maybe you just like a little bit of spice? Chilly Chiles has over 800 different Hot Sauces. From mild to insane, the largest selection in Canada! We also have over 70 hard to find BBQ Sauces and many more Condiments Spices, Rubs etc.
- Chef Carlton Catering
Caterer of fine Caribbean cuisine we cater to any event. Chef Carlton has over 20 years of culinary experience in international and Caribbean cuisine. We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality in food and service. We specialize in corporate events, outdoor BBQ, dinner parties & receptions.
- Ottawa Farmers' Markets
A big listing of markets in Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Byward, Parkdale, Brewer Park, Westboro, Sparks ... and even a parking lot in suburban Kanata, we've got 'em all here.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
OttawaStart Headlines - Food & Drink - News and Events
- Rideau Centre’s new Dining Hall will open to the public on Friday, August 1st at 11:00 am.
- Harvest Table- August 17, 2014
- Cards Against Brewmanity Tour - July 27 2014 1:30-7:30pm
- La Belle Brew-mance Tour - July 26 2014 -12:30pm-6:00pm
- June 29 is the last Sunday Brunch this summer at the Canadian Museum of Nature
- Ice Cream Festival
- Brunch at the Canadian Museum of Nature - the perfect outing for Father�s Day
- Ottawa's Summer Kicks off on Sparks Street With the Return of Ottawa Ribfest
- Chef Turned Entrepreneur Launches Video Series: Will be the Resident Chef at Westboro Farmer�s Market all Summer!
- 2nd Annual MS Fundraiser - A Taste of Trinidad - May 31, 2014
- UK Day Garden Party & Tea to support training of guide dogs and assistance dogs
- Delicious breakfast or brunch - every Sunday at the Canadian Museum of Nature
- More community headlines...
- Click here to add your news...
This directory lists nearly 400 local restaurants. You can search the restaurants by area, price or type of food. This directory is created entirely by food fans like you: each restaurant is rated and reviewed by customers. There are no snobby food critics here at all and you can help out by adding your review today. If you don't see your favourite eatery listed, you can log in and add the information to the listings.
"A community of dedicated food enthusiasts sharing our knowledge of Ottawa restaurants, shops and individual menu items." Anyone can participate and contribute.
An automated Twitter feed that re-posts food safety violations, based on the City of Ottawa's inspections of local restaurants and food service providers.
Ottawa Food Blogs
- After The Harvest
- Barrhaven Bites
- cheapeats ottawa blog
- Chu On This
- City Bites (from Ottawa Magazine)
- Constantly Cooking
- Culinarily Inclined
- Daily Struggles of the Domestic Un-Goddess
- The Domestic Blonde
- Eat Dance Live
- Eaten Up
- Equal Opportuniy Kitchen
- the family table
- The Food Method
- Franklin on Food
- The Hungry Paleo
- I Adore Food
- If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On
- It Ain't Meat Babe
- Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Kathy Eats
- Lord of the Wings
- Mary Mary Culinary
- The 613 Locavore
- The Food Method
- The Mindful Mavens
- The Pestoblog
- Pizza Ottawa
- Toast Under the Table
- Vanilla Bean Cafe
- Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Where the Locals Eat
- Related: List of Ottawa restaurants in Twitter and list of Ottawa foodbloggers on Twitter
Ottawa Beer & Wine Blogs
- 24 hour restaurants (list of restaurants that are open 24 hours a day in Ottawa)
- Bon Appetit Ottawa
Sample food and drink from over sixty restaurants, hoteliers and caterers, along with and dozens of wineries and breweries.
- cheapeats ottawa (ottawa's guide to good inexpensive restaurants)
- Eat In Ottawa (photos of local restaurant food)
Any restaurant, grocery store, cafeteria, or business that serves food to the public has to be regularly inspected by municipal officials. This web site lists the results of the latest inspection for every one of these food businesses. Read more...
- Food Trucks
A list of the electic collection of new food trucks coming to Ottawa in 2013
- Fyood Ottawa
- Menu.ca (online ordering system for restaurants)
- Menu Ottawa (web site for ordering delivery online)
- Ottawa Beer Events
"Festivals, tap takeovers, beer releases and so much more!" There are actually a suprising number of beer events in Ottawa each month.
You'll find over 1,200 local restaurants listed in this comprehensive guide. It's a "new kid on the block", which means that it's growing all the time. Restaurants can add a basic listing for free, or pay up for a featured listing.
Restaurants @ Restaurant.ca
Who has the best chicken wings or dim sing in town? This nifty little directory lets you vote on various aspects of the restaurant, ranking their specialty on a scale of 1 to 10. Most listings Include a map so you can find where you're going
- Pizza Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa via YellowPages.ca.
- Specials Today
lists food & drink specials at local bars & restaurants
- Agave Grill
- ARC Lounge.Dining
- Ben Ben Restaurant
- Blue Nile
- Buonissimo Bakery
- Canvas Resto Bar
- Charlie Chan
- Coconut Lagoon Restaurant (Indian)
- D&S Southern Comfort BBQ
- Elgin Street Diner
- El Meson (Spanish, Portugese)
- Feleena's Mexican Restaurant
- Genji Japanese Restaurant
- Gracie O'Malley's Irish Pub
- Hot Cup Cafe
- Inspired Edibles
- Juniper Kitchen & Wine Bar
- KARARA Indian Take-Out
- Kimicha Tea
- Kinki Restaurant (Japanese)
- Knox Fine Dining
- La Dolce Vita
- Le Michel-Ange
- Le Saint-O
- Les Fougeres
- Louis Steak House
- Malone's Lakeside Grill
- Marble Slab Creamery
- Mekong (Chinese)
- Pepper Garden Bistro
- Posto Panini
- Santé Restaurant
- Shanghai Restaurant
- Shawarma Plus
- Siam Bistro
- Sukhothai Restaurant
- the branch restaurant
- The Lindenhof Restaurant
- The Pine Restaurant & Tavern
- The Urban Pear
- The Works
- Yazmin Restaurant
- Zuni Grill
- The Candy Store
- JoJo Coco
- Ready-Made Custom Cupcakes
- Reggina Pastry
- Sweet Thingz Cakepops
- Sweets (cupcakes)
- Warm Vanilla Sugar
- All Things Food SDG Community Food Network
- Back Of The House (chefs / jobs)
- Balderson Cheese
- BelKraft (kitchen & dining products)
- Camellia Teas of Ottawa
- Canadian Organic Growers: Ottawa - St. Lawrence - Outaouais Chapter
- Chefx - weekly food/recipe delivery
- Chilly Chiles
- Dinnerworks.ca (social club)
- Dobson's Grass-Fed Beef
- Epicure Selections with Kim
- Equator Coffee Roasters
- Excel Water Technologies Inc.
- Francesco's Coffee Company
- Frosted Sweets
- The Gluten-free Guru
- Island Spiced (Jamaican hot sauces)
- Just Food
"Working towards a just and sustainable food program in Ottawa."
- Lanark Pure County Springs
- M & M Meat Shops
- National Capital Vegetarian Association
- Natural Food Pantry
- Ottawa Bagelshop and Deli
Owner and manager Vincenzo Piazza remembers that first day of business: "When we first opened twenty years ago, the most common reaction was, 'What's a bagel?'" The shop now stands as an art gallery, a coffee shop, a restaurant, a deli, a gourmet food emporium, and more. (And the bagels are good, too!)
- Ottawa Good Food Box
A nonprofit community-based program, bringing neighbours together to buy delicious and nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Ottawa Veg2!
- Red House Honey (Cardinal, Ontario)
- The Single Gourmet
- Simply Fresh Roastery (coffee)
- SimplyRaw Living
- Water Filter Canada
- Wow Mom - Homemade... To Go (Facebook page)
- Bulk Barn
- The Country Grocer
- Food Basics
- Online Grocer
- Produce Depot
The latest on Twitter