Canada Day fireworks in Ottawa near the National Gallery of Canada. Photo by Christopher Dunn.
Fireworks in Ottawa - New Year's Eve 2013.
We love fireworks in Ottawa. The biggest show of all is on July 1 for Canada Day. There's also the annual firework competition known as the Casino du Lac Leamy Sound of Light in August. And we fire off pyrotechnics for Victoria Day, New Year's Eve, Winterlude and more.
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- The Ottawa Acting Company
The Ottawa Acting Company is Ottawa's newest centre for theatre education and performance. Located on Bank Street in the heart of the Glebe, the Ottawa Acting Company offers weekly adult and youth acting classes in the evenings and weekends, while our "Studio 55" offers afternoon classes for seniors. We will get you up on your feet and acting from the beginning!
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Amanda Cottreau - Almost Christmas Single
Need a break from the cookie cutter Christmas carols!? Westboro songstress Amanda Cottreau just released a new single - Almost Christmas. The ambient guitar soundscapes coupled with soothing vocals and comically candid lyrics are sure to take the edge off this "holiday" season. Get it today!
- Christmas Craft Shows
A list of upcoming Christmas craft shows and bazaars in the Ottawa area. Good luck with your gift shopping!
- Christmas Light Displays
A big list of dozens of Chirstmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including Parliament Hill, Upper Canada Village, and Taffy Lane in Orleans.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
DECEMBER 31, 2013: Are there fireworks on New Year's Eve?
- There are no fireworks planned for Parliament Hill.
- There are fireworks planned at midnight as part of the Sparks Street New Year's Eve event.
- There are also fireworks planned for the second annual Hogmanay event at Ottawa City Hall, organized by the Scottish Society of Ottawa and presented by TD. It's free!
- There's an annual family event at Ben Franklin Place (the old Nepean City Hall) in Centrepointe. Rick Chiarelli’s Alcohol-free Family New Year’s Eve event including magicians, games, dancers, face painting, skating, sleigh rides and yes, fireworks. The fireworks start at 10:00pm so you can get your kids home early for bed.
- For information about other events happening on December 31, please visit our New Year's Eve Guide.
The latest on Twitter