Workshop and Coaching: Project Management for NPOsDate/Time
Date(s) - Tuesday, February 13
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Are you struggling with how to deliver projects and make the best of donor dollars?
Do you know where to even start?
Can you articulate your real success criteria?
Volunteer Ottawa is partnering with the organization NPO PM Training.org to offer this one-of-a-kind opportunity for non-profit organizations: a Project Management skills workshop, followed by one-on-one support coaching by a certified Project Manager. Are you struggling with how to deliver projects and making the best of donor dollars? Do you know where to even start? Can you articulate your real success criteria?
This program will provide you with high-quality, immediately applicable, Project Management skills specifically for non-profits. Program registration entitles you to the following:
- A condensed course in project management, taught by certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs)
- one-on-one Coaching on your project for up to 20 hours over 3 months
- A set of simple, practical tools to use in your daily work and membership in an online community to share experiences and receive answers to your questions
In the workshop you will learn:
- What is a project?
- How to plan, estimate and sequence your project, using techniques like a Work Breakdown Structure and Critical Path analysis.
- How to identify, manage and communicate with project Stakeholders.
- How to identify, manage and control Risks.
- How to manage the inevitable changes to your project.
- How to properly Close your project.
Using the concepts that you will learn will assist you to:
- Plan and Execute more consistently
- Utilize your resources efficiently and effectively
- Achieve better project outcomes with regards to time and cost.
- Reduce “Scope Creep” and uncontrolled change
Who should attend?
Anyone working in a Non-Profit Organization who wants or needs to apply a practical Project Management methodology to their projects will benefit from this training. This may include (but is not limited to): Field Workers, Program Managers and Senior Managers. Senior management are encouraged to attend alongside their Project Managers.
Volunteer Ottawa, 850 Industrial Avenue, Unit 17F, Ottawa
Post-workshop coaching will happen at your office or location of choice
- a full day workshop, including lunch
- 20 hours of one-on-one coaching at your workplace or via phone spread over three months after the workshop
Workshop facilitators and coaches:
The workshop and coaching are provided by certified and highly experienced project management professionals through NPO PM Training.org, who are also a local non-profit which exists to improve the capacity of local charities and NPOs to deliver on their mandates by managing their initiatives more effectively. The coaches are drawn from the same pool of experienced project managers and they will help guide course attendees to use their new PM skills through the early months of the project.