Summer Solstice Indigenous Festival & Competition Pow WowDate/Time
Date(s) - Thursday, June 21 - Sunday, June 24
Vincent Massey Park
This year’s theme is “From The Land.” Experience the diverse Indigenous cultures of the National Capital Region and celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day! Four days of cultural workshops, indigenous performances, an International Competition Pow Wow, community celebrations, and unlimited free family fun. New this year: An Indigenous Culinary Experience!
Join us at Vincent Massey Park June 21 – 24 for:
- International Competition Pow Wow, with $75,000 in prizes! (June 23 & 24)
- NEW: An Indigenous Culinary Experience! Including free programming in the Indigenous Culinary Arts Pavilion (culinary demonstrations and displays), and two ticketed experiences:
- Two Long Table Feasts exquisitely catered by Indigenous celebrity Chef David Wolfman (Cooking with the Wolfman), Chef Shane Chartrand, Chef Cezzin Nottoway, and others! (Feasts on June 22)
- Elegant samples available in the Indigenous Culinary Arts Pavilion (tickets for sampling available on June 23 & 24)
- APTN’s Indigenous Day Live (IDL) Concert & Community Celebration (Saturday June 23)
- Education Day (Registered Schools Only – Thursday June 21)
- Cultural workshops and interactive arts and crafts including Algonquin Culture Living History displays
- Indigenous marketplace featuring incredible art, food and fashion
- Free Family Fun with Jumpaï – Bungee Trampoline, bouncy castles, birds of prey, Rockclimbing wall and more!
- Non-stop cultural programming and family-friendly main stage entertainment including theatre productions, cultural showcases, live music, Pow Wow Pitch, fashion shows and more!
More Information & Updates: https://www.ottawasummersolstice.ca/
- Community Organizations
- Craft Fairs & Bazaars
- Food & Drink
- Workshops & Education