Savour Fall at Rideau HallDate/Time
Date(s) - Saturday, September 23
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
OTTAWA—The bounty of the harvest season will be centre stage during Savour Fall at Rideau Hall, an event hosted by Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston on Saturday, September 23, 2017, from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This celebration provides visitors with an opportunity to appreciate and enjoy the simple pleasures of fall. All activities are for the entire family to enjoy free of charge, and will take place rain or shine.
This will be the last chance for members of the public to spend an afternoon with Their Excellencies on the grounds of Rideau Hall before the end of their mandate.
You are invited to …
• Taste culinary delights prepared by the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade and leading chefs from across the region, with the assistance of local culinary students;
• Tour the kitchen garden, the private gardens and greenhouses, and get gardening tips from National Capital Commission horticultural experts;
• Explore the residence’s State rooms and get tips from the Governor General’s hospitality experts on how to receive guests for special occasions;
• Meet with local producers and agricultural groups, and taste samples of their products;
• Participate in fun children’s activities: face painting and crafts; and
• Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
Make it a giving moment by bringing non-perishable food items for the Ottawa Food Bank.
Visitors are encouraged to walk or to use public transportation or taxis to get to Rideau Hall. Limited free parking will be available on the streets in the surrounding neighbourhood. Limited parking for mobility-impaired guests will be available on the Rideau Hall grounds via Princess Gate.