Date(s) - Saturday, October 14 - Sunday, October 15
7:00 pm - 12:00 am
Thank you for considering taking part in this Exclusive Paranormal Investigation at Watson’s Mill. Before you reserve your ticket, please read the following information carefully so that you understand what is involved.
This bilingual paranormal workshop and investigation is an opportunity to take part in an ongoing research and investigation project exploring the anomalous phenomena at Watson’s Mill. This investigation will be conducted in a scientific manner based on observation and experimentation.
The Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society, in partnership with Watson’s Mill, organized this event and will be leading the investigation.
- Date: Saturday October 14, 2016
- Time: 7:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Cost: $45
- Appropriate for age 16+
- Maximum Number of Participants: 16
- Watson’s Mill, 5525 Dickinson Street, Manotick
- The Carriage Shed, 5524 Dickinson Street, Manotick
- Phone: 613-692-6455
- Light refreshments provided
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable clothing and closed toed foot wear to suit the weather conditions.
- Please do not wear reflective clothing or shoes as the light reflected can be misinterpreted as anomalous phenomena by infrared equipment
- Digital Camera and/or video recorder.
- Flashlight (with a red filter)
- EVP Recorder
- Snacks for those with dietary restrictions
This paranormal workshop and investigation is divided into three parts.
PART 1: Introduction and Theory Session
7:00 pm to 8:00 pm – The Carriage Shed, 5524 Dickinson Street, Manotick
- Introduction to Watson’s Mill and the HOPS Team
- Museum Health and Safety protocols
- Forms and Disclaimers
- Meet and Greet
- Get to know the other workshop/investigation participants
- Brief History of Watson’s Mill
- An Introduction to the Equipment and its Limitations
- Such as electromagnetic field meters, thermometers, K2, Edi Meters, Mel Rem Meter etc.…
- How to Conduct an Investigation using Scientific Method
- Information sheets and investigation logs
- How to Analyzing the Data Captured
PART 2: Watson’s Mill Walk Through
8:00pm to 8:45pm – Watson’s Mill, 5525 Dickinson Street, Manotick
- Watson’s Mill Walk Through
- Become familiar with the layout and safety features of Watson’s Mill
- Divide into teams for the investigation
PART 3: The Investigation
9:00 pm to 12:00 am– Watson’s Mill
- Each team will monitor separate locations within the Mill. There will be no contact between the teams during the investigation
- Team leaders will be in contact with each other by two-way radio
- Each team will divide into pairs to conduct instrument readings, as well as to take photos and video. An investigation log will then be completed
- Each team will conduct an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena, Unexplained Voices on Audio) experiment controlled by an EVP protocol and a Quiet Session (if time permits)
Teams will rotate through each location spending approximately 55 minutes at each. At the end of each session, the group leader will gather all paperwork.
GENERAL SAFTEY AND INVESTIGATION PROTOCOL
- All participants will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to start the investigation
- All guests will be required to follow the instructions given by the team leaders at all times during the workshop/ investigation.
- All guests will work in pairs during the investigation for support and safety.
- Practical jokes or frightening other group members will not be tolerated as this could compromise the integrity of the investigation and ruin the experience for others.
- This investigation is conducted in a scientific manner. There will be no séances, circle work or Ouija boards or any form of dowsing rods. The workshop and investigation has a strict protocol that everyone will abide by for credibility and safety of those attending.
- In each location being investigated there will be a “timeout” area that can be used by anyone becoming frightened or uncomfortable. The participant will notify their team leader and be taken to the “timeout” area until they are ready to return to the investigation.
- Guests will not be allowed to move around the Museum by themselves, a volunteer/member of HOPS or Watson’s Mill will accompany anyone needing to go the rest room or “time out”
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited during the investigation. Anyone who has been drinking alcohol prior to the workshop may be refused entry.
- There is no smoking inside of Watson’s Mill.