Learn to Mend!Date/Time
Date(s) - Monday, January 29
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Repair, don’t toss! Swap, don’t shop!
Evening of January 29, 2018, at Makerspace North at 250 City Centre Ave, Bay 216.
Bring clothing or textiles in need of repair, and learn how to sew, darn, felt, and patch your way back to useable clothing through one on one and hands-on demonstrations. Browse used clothing and yarn/knitting supplies while you wait at the concurrent swap event, and bring your own unwanted items to contribute. Hot drinks and snacks provided.
First come, first fixed! All welcome to take part in the swap and watch demonstrations, without bringing items to fix.
- no limit to how much you can bring or take, but no hoarding of items or taking items to sell later.
- items will be loosely sorted into type, youth/children, infants, accessories, footwear, linens/housewear and outerwear – please help us out by place your items accordingly when you arrive or directing one of the volunteers as to where items belong.
- items should be relatively clean – from storage is okay as long as there are no strong odours or other storage related issues.
- damaged items are okay to bring.
- leftover items will be repurposed or donated to charity.
- bring a bag or two (or more) to take home your items.
- bags can be left in the designated “claimed” area during browsing/repairs – do not remove items from other people’s bags.
- if you’re bringing things to swap, come at 6:30 to organize your clothes/yarn.
A collaborative, and free, event by Sustainable Eastern Ontario and the Ottawa Tool Library!
Donations to either, or both, organizations welcome, but not required.
More information and tickets here.