Date(s) - Friday, July 21 - Sunday, July 23
From July 21-23, 2017 bring your family and friends to experience the life, joy and heritage of Ukrainian art and culture. Vibrant music, delicious cuisine, lively dance, refreshing drinks, stunning artwork, handmade crafts, informative displays all along the scenic banks of the Rideau Canal in the heart of Ottawa. Wish table mates “Smachnoho” (Bon appétit!) and toast friends “Na zdorovia!” (To your health!).
Now in its third year, the Capital Ukrainian Festival is Eastern Ontario’s largest Ukrainian summer festival and the most prestigious. It is also a finalist, for the second year in a row, for an Ottawa Tourism award that honours industry’s best.
Top performers and ensembles from across North America and around the world dance, sing and play modern and traditional favorites. Prepare your taste buds for a menu chock full of Ukrainian soul-food classics prepared from fresh, local, and simple ingredients. Workshops vary from year to year but generally include pysanky, vinok making, ritual bread braiding weaving, and kolomeyjka!
- Singing, dancing and live music
- Ukrainian food village and beer garden
- Entertainment and nightlife
- “Korchma” after-parties (19+ adults)
- Workshops and cultural demonstrations
- Church tours and sacred music
- Children’s activities and petting zoo
- Free admission and parking