Eagleson Road will be closed to through traffic from Fallowfield Road to Old Richmond Road, starting Tuesday, October 13 until late November. Local access will be maintained.
A signed detour will be posted using Fallowfield Road to Old Richmond Road. Cyclists should consider alternate routes as the road closure on Eagleson will apply to all vehicles including bicycles.
The road closure is necessary to replace an aging culvert.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav– the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report– outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Plannerat octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map– showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling mapsand information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.
This work is part of Ottawa on the Move. Ottawa on the Move is about keeping our community and economy moving forward through strategic investments in a number of transportation, water, and sewer projects to build a better city and create jobs.