Here’s a list and map of large-scale Chirstmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including Parliament Hill, Upper Canada Village, and Taffy Lane.
Can you help? Some listings on this map are from 2013 and labelled as “unconfirmed” for 2014. If you’re the owner of one of these locations, or if you’ve seen Christmas lights up, please let us know at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Click on any marker for a description, photo, and directions.
Christmas lights on Parliament Hill
- December 3, 2014 – January 7, 2015
- It’s actually more than just Parliament Hill. Hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights are strung all over public sites downtown as part of “Christmas Lights Across Canada”, a joint program with other capital cities in Canada.
- Lights stay on from 4:30pm-2:00am each night.
- More info…
Taffy Lane in Orleans
- This street has a well-deserved reputation across Ottawa as having the best neighbourhood light display. There must be a (Santa) clause in every agreement of purchase and sale that home owners must put up an elaborate light display. map/directions
- Photos of Taffy Lane
- Belcourt Boulevard in Orleans: There are several houses that are over the top. Only a few minutes away from Taffy Lane, just South of St. Joseph. map/directions
Southway Hotel at 2431 Bank Street
This tradition goes back to 1958. Over 100,000 lights make up this display, and there’s also a Miniature Village in the lobby.
Vintage Village of Lights @ Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
- Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings starting November 29 to December 21. from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thirty thousand twinkling lights will decorate the surrounding heritage buildings. More info here…
Alight the Night Festival at Upper Canada Village
- Over a half-a-million lights adorn the heritage buildings, trees and fences of Upper Canada Village creating a one-of-a-kind magical backdrop for its annual festival. Open select nights from December 5, 2014 to January 3, 2015. More info here…