Here’s a list and map of large-scale Chirstmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including Parliament Hill, Upper Canada Village, and Taffy Lane. Please note this map and information on this page is from 2013 – we’ll be updating it for 2014 soon.
Click on any marker for a description, photo, and directions.
Christmas lights on Parliament Hill (2013)
- December 5, 2013 – January 6, 2014
- It’s actually more than just Parliament Hill. Hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights are strung all over public sites downtown as part of “Christmas Lights Across Canada”, a joint program with other capital cities in Canada.
- Lights stay on from 4:30pm-2:00am each night.
Taffy Lane in Orleans
- This street has a well-deserved reputation across Ottawa as having the best neighbourhood light display. There must be a (Santa) clause in every agreement of purchase and sale that home owners must put up an elaborate light display. map/directions
- Photos of Taffy Lane
- Belcourt Boulevard in Orleans: There are several houses that are over the top. Only a few minutes away from Taffy Lane, just South of St. Joseph. map/directions
Vintage Village of Lights @ Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
- Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings starting November 30 to December 22, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. The third annual event is at 2940 Old Montreal Road. Thirty thousand twinkling lights will decorate the surrounding heritage buildings.
- Illumination ceremony is on November 30.
Alight the Night Festival at Upper Canada Village
- Over a half-a-million lights adorn the heritage buildings, trees and fences of Upper Canada Village creating a one-of-a-kind magical backdrop for its annual festival.
- Open select nights from December 6, 2013 to January 4, 2014.