Marshmellow Christmas tree ornaments. Photo by Glen Gower.
Ottawa Fall and Winter Craft Shows 2014
Here's a list of upcoming craft shows and bazaars in the Ottawa area. Good luck with your gift shopping!
Featuring the work of some of the best artists and artisans from across the Ottawa Valley. Our shows are renowned for bringing an exciting variety of art, crafts, designs and artisan foods together in a unique venue, and Joy! will be no exception. 75 participating vendors are selected for their unique style, quality of work and originality of design. Visit us between 9 am and 4 pm on the main floor of the Library and Archives Canada building on Wellington Street.
A preview of upcoming Holiday Craft Shows in Ottawa (including pro tips!)
by Melissa Patterson (this article originally appeared on our blog)
As we sip our very first pumpkin spice lattes of the fall, another seasonal trend is upon us; the Ottawa craft scene has already begun to ramp up for the holiday season! Hundreds of talented artisans from all over Canada, take part in shows in and around Ottawa on any given weekend between now and the December holiday season to showcase their truly unique, one-of-a-kind, handmade wares.
To ensure the best possible craft fair experience here are a couple pro-tips to take under advisement before heading out:
- Be sure to get to these shows early (i.e. before they open!) as some of them hand out swag bags that are to be coveted!
- Bring a bottle of water. Craft fair shopping is hard work!
- Bring a reusable bag to carry all your awesome finds.
- If you’re bringing your wee one and are comfortable with babywearing do that instead of bringing a stroller. The shows are usually packed and a stroller often becomes more hassle than a help.
- Bring smaller denominations of money if possible. Also, don’t forget that many vendors (but not all) can now take credit cards!
- Bring your rockin’ attitude & patience. Everyone is there to have a great time!
Get your calendars out and be sure to mark the follow shows down!
All Saints Christmas Craft & Gift Fair
Saturday, November 1st (9am – 4pm)
All Saints High School, 5115 Kanata Ave, Kanata, ON
Handmade Harvest Holiday Edition 2014
Saturday, November 8th (9am – 4pm) & Sunday, November 9th (10am – 3pm)
Old Almonte Town Hall – 14 Bridge Street, Almonte, ON
Ottawa Signatures Show (Artisans & designers from across the country)
When: Tuesday, November 11th – Sunday, November 16th
Where: Ottawa Convention Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON
Capital Pop-Up Handmade Show (proceeds from the show go to the Ottawa Food Bank)
When: Saturday, November 22nd (10am – 4pm)
Where: The Bronson Centre (Mac Hall), 211 Bronson Ave, Ottawa, ON
Finders Keepers One of a Kind Trunk Show
Sunday, November 30th (10am – 4pm)
Carleton Place Canoe Club, 179 John Street, Carleton Place, ON http://www.finderskeeperscraftshow.com/
Old-Fashioned Christmas & Outdoor Artisan Market
When: Sunday, November 30th (10am – 3pm)
Where: Goulbourn Museum, 2064 Huntley Road, Stittsville, ON
Urban Craft Market
Saturday, December 6th (10am – 3pm)
The Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Avenue, Ottawa, ON
MAC Fair: Christmas Edition
Saturday, December 6th (10am – 3pm)
Immaculata High School, 140 Main Street, Ottawa, ON
Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale
Thursday, December 11th – Sunday, December 21st (Closed on Monday, December 15th)
The Ernst and Young Centre, 4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa, ON
More Upcoming Craft Shows
- 'Joy!' - the 2014 OVCC | Artisans @ Archives Christmas Market
- Annual Christmas Crafters' Open House, November 2, 2014, 1-4pm
- Blackburn Lodge Seniors Residence Christmas Bazaar - Saturday, November 29th, 2014
- Christmas Bazaar & Bake Sale to raise funds for Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Goulbourn Museum Seeking Vendors for Christmas Artisan Market
- Gowling Christmas & Holiday Craft Show - November 15th
- Kemptville's St. Michael Christmas Craft Show, Sat., November 15th, Bigger Than Ever
- Nov 28-30: The Ottawa Guild of Potters Holiday Sale - Lansdowne Park
- Nov 8: Caldwell Family Centre - Christmas Bazaar
- Nov. 8th 9:00 -2:00 MBFA craft and vendor fair at Kitchissippi United Church
- Ottawa Artisans Guild Christmas Show and Sale (East) November 8th and November 9th
- Red Downtown Fall Market presented by the Ottawa Artisans Guild October 25th & 26th
- Sandy Hill's ONE & ONLY Craft Fair - Sunday NOV.16
- T.H.A.T. Craft Fair
- Click here to add your event...
The latest on Twitter