Work will begin on Wednesday, September 23 to construct new sidewalks on the west side of Eagleson Road in two segments: from Campeau Drive to the Highway 417 westbound on-ramp, and from the Highway 417 eastbound on-ramp to the 417 eastbound off-ramp.
To minimize traffic impacts, construction work will only be done during off-peak hours. During construction, two southbound lanes on Eagleson will be maintained between Campeau and the 417 westbound on-ramp and one southbound lane on Eagleson will be maintained between the eastbound on-ramp and the 417 eastbound off-ramp. There will be no impact to the highway ramps.
A temporary pedestrian walkway will be maintained through both these areas during construction.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav– the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report– outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Plannerat octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map– showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling mapsand information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.
This work is part of Ottawa on the Move. Ottawa on the Move is about keeping our community and economy moving forward through strategic investments in a number of transportation, water, and sewer projects to build a better city and create jobs.