The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Colonel By Day, Monday, August 6. Unless otherwise noted, services will resume as scheduled on Tuesday, August 7.
- All Client Service Centres, along with the Government Service Centre at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Drive, will also be closed.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 7. Green bin, recycling and garbage collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week. For information about curbside collection, refer to the collection calendar.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky item, green bin or recycling collection. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 7. Green bin and recycling collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of August 6.
- The Trail Road Waste Facility will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply.
- OC Transpo (link is external) will operate on a Sunday schedule, with extra service added to Routes 44, 94, 95 and 105. A family or group may travel all day with one DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 from the bus operator when you board or from a ticket machine at an O-Train station. A family or group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit octranspo.com (link is external) or call 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres (link is external) will be closed, except for the Rideau Centre location, which will be open from 10 am to 6 pm.
- The Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service. Regular subscription bookings will be automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Colonel By Day on or after July 30 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Customer service (613-842-3681) will be closed.
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness activities, aquafitness and public skating with modified schedules.
- All beaches and splash pads, along with some wading pools, will be open, weather permitting.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will be cancelled. Clients should check with their facility as there will be some exceptions.
- Public skating will be offered at the Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, the Goulbourn Recreation Complex, the Kanata Recreation Complex, the Minto Recreation Complex – Barrhaven, the Ray Friel Recreation Complex and the Tom Brown Arena.
- City of Ottawa summer camps will be closed.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Centre (link is external) and Youth Sexual Health Clinics (link is external) will be closed.
- The Site Needle and Syringe Program (link is external) office and supervised injection services (link is external) at 179 Clarence Street will be open from 9 am to 9 pm. The mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Dental clinics (link is external) and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-Ins (link is external) will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line (link is external) will be closed. If you leave a message, you will receive a response within one to two business days.
- You can find information on public health topics and services at OttawaPublicHealth.ca (link is external).
Cultural and archives services
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery and the City Hall Art Gallery will be open.
- City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services, will be closed.
- Gallery 112, along with City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library (link is external) will be closed.