Ottawa – The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Colonel By Day, Monday, August 1.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 2.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 2.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, or garbage collectionon Colonel By Day. Colonel By Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 2. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be nomulti-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collectionon Colonel By Day. Colonel By Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, August 2. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of August 1.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule, with extra service added to routes 8, 94, 95 and 105. A family or group may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $8.50 from the bus operator when you board. A family/group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- The Rideau OC Transpo Customer Service Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centreswill be closed.
- OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on August 1. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Colonel By Day on or after July 25 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
- Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Public skating will be offered at Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, Jim Durrell Recreation Complex and Goulbourn Recreation Complex. Please check with ottawa.ca for details.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
- City of Ottawa summer camps will not be operating on August 1.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
- Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- Karsh-Masson Gallery will be closed for installation. The Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the OAG Annex at City Hall will be open.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 2.