Residents of Ottawa who are 18 years and over are invited to put their expertise and knowledge to work by becoming a volunteer member on one of the City’s committees or boards.
Interested residents are required to fill out an application form or submit a résumé and cover letter indicating the committee or board on which they would like to serve. Your application needs to include an outline of qualifications, specific skills, interests and background, and how they are relevant to the committee/board.
Please note that City of Ottawa employees are not eligible to apply.
You can learn more about becoming a committee/board member at our public information session on:
Date: Thursday, November 13
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: Mary Pitt Centre, 100 Constellation Crescent (Lobby area)
All applications must be submitted by Thursday, November 27 at 4:30 p.m.
Positions are available on the following committees and boards:
- Board of Health (5 members)
- Police Services Board (1 member)
- Library Board (5 to 8 members) *
- Committee of Adjustment (15 members)
- Transit Commission (4 members) *
- Built Heritage Sub-Committee (3 members) *
- Licence and Property Standards Committee (5 members)
- Shaw Centre (formerly the Ottawa Convention Centre) – Board of Directors (2 members) *
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (4 members) *
- South Nation Conservation (2 members) *
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (3 members) *
- Mohr’s Landing / Quyon Port Authority (1 member)
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (9 to 15 members) *
- Arts, Heritage and Culture Advisory Committee (9 to 11 members) *
- Community Services Advisory Committee (9 to 11 members) *
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee (9 to 11 members) *
- French Language Services Advisory Committee (7 to 11 members) *
* Subject to the Term of Council Governance review and/or Nominating Committee process.
For more information, visit ottawa.ca.