List of Ottawa Christmas Light Displays (2013) - Parliament Hill, Taffy Lane and more
Here's a list and map of large-scale Chirstmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including Parliament Hill, Upper Canada Village, and Taffy Lane.
- Sugar Bushes / Maple Syrup in Ottawa and Gatineau
Vsiting a sugar bush has been a springtime activity in our area for generations. As one local sugar bush puts it: "nothing says Canada quite like mmm....maple!" Most sugar bushes are open as of March 1, although cold weather is delaying the start of the season for some.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Map of Ottawa Christmas light displays
Some locations on this map are approximate. Click on any marker for a description, photo, and directions. Want to add a location to this map? Click here to tell us about it...
25 Days of Christmas Lights
- Every day leading up until Christmas, local photographer Christophe Ledent is sharing a photo from one of these locations on the OttawaStart Blog. Click here for the latest...
Christmas lights on Parliament Hill
- December 5, 2013 - January 6, 2014
- It's actually more than just Parliament Hill. Hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights are strung all over public sites downtown as part of "Christmas Lights Across Canada", a joint program with other capital cities in Canada.
- Lights stay on from 4:30pm-2:00am each night.
Taffy Lane in Orleans
- This street has a well-deserved reputation across Ottawa as having the best neighbourhood light display. There must be a (Santa) clause in every agreement of purchase and sale that home owners must put up an elaborate light display. map/directions
- Photos of Taffy Lane
- Belcourt Boulevard in Orleans: There are several houses that are over the top. Only a few minutes away from Taffy Lane, just South of St. Joseph. map/directions
Vintage Village of Lights @ Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
- Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings starting November 30 to December 22, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. The third annual event is at 2940 Old Montreal Road. Thirty thousand twinkling lights will decorate the surrounding heritage buildings.
- Illumination ceremony is on November 30.
- More info...
Alight the Night Festival at Upper Canada Village
- Over a half-a-million lights adorn the heritage buildings, trees and fences of Upper Canada Village creating a one-of-a-kind magical backdrop for its annual festival.
- Open select nights from December 6, 2013 to January 4, 2014.
- More info...
Unconfirmed - can you help?
Please note: All of the locations below were lit up in 2012. We're still working to confirm if these locations still have displays for this year. Can you help? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- Loggers Way near Kinburn: Karen writes: "High on a hill just outside the village of Kinburn, my lights can be seen from the Kinburn Side Road, a few miles away. The lower part of the property is painted with blues and purples, with stars and doves dotting the landscape and leading the eye up the laneway where the colours begin to transition to greens and blues on the trees just below and edging the house. The two-storey "gingerbread" house makes a strong statement, lighting up the night with its cheery reds, gold, greens and white. All combined,it truly is a winter wonderland." Photo 1 / Photo 2 / map/directions
The latest on Twitter