Please note: This is the old, out-of-date list for 2015. You should check out instead:
Christmas Light Map
Can you help? Some listings on this map are from 2014 and labelled as “unconfirmed” for 2015. If you’re the owner of one of these locations, or if you’ve seen other great Christmas light displays up, please let us know at email@example.com or leave a comment below. Click on any marker for a description, photo, and directions.
Here’s our a list and map of large-scale Chirstmas light displays in and around Ottawa, including downtown, Parliament Hill, Taffy Lane and many, many more.
Christmas Lights Across Canada
- From Wednesday, December 2 until Thursday, January 7 – 5:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- This season marks the 31st edition of Christmas Lights Across Canada.
- Notable updates this year include an increase of 100,000 lightsincluding a new location on MacKenzie Avenue, and a winter lightscape projection show that will be presented on Parliament buildings every night from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. throughout the Christmas Lights period. More info…
Taffy Lane in Orleans
- This street has a well-deserved reputation across Ottawa as having the best neighbourhood light display. There must be a (Santa) clause in every agreement of purchase and sale that home owners must put up an elaborate light display. map/directions. (See also: Photos of Taffy Lane)
- Belcourt Boulevard in Orleans: There are several houses that are over the top. Only a few minutes away from Taffy Lane, just South of St. Joseph. map/directions
Vintage Village of Lights @ Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
- Opening weekend: Sunday, November 29 from 3 pm to 8 pm
- Fridays, Saturday and Sundays in December from 3pm to 8 pm until December 20.
- More than 30,000 lights light up each night. Tour the village by horse-drawn wagon ride, learn the history of letters to Santa, decorate gingerbread cookies, enjoy activities like street hockey and sledding. More info…
Alight at Night Festival at Upper Canada Village
- Over a half-a-million lights adorn the heritage buildings, trees and fences of Upper Canada Village creating a one-of-a-kind magical backdrop for its annual festival. Open select nights from December 4, 2015 to January 2, 2015. More info…