Ottawa Busker Festival - August 2-4, 2013
Ottawa's annual Busker Festival (aka Buskerfest) takes place from August 2-4, 2013 on the Sparks Street Mall in downtown Ottawa. There are over 40 performances daily, with entertainers from across Canada and around the world.
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
June 19: CPR Level C and AED course
Pulse First Aid is holding a CPR Level C and AED course on June 19, 2013. The course will be held at 255 Montreal from 6pm-10pm. All participants will be issued certifications valid for 1 year upon completion of the course. The course costs $40.00 + HST. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mill Heritage Fair: June 21-23, 2013
A living history retreat with Regency ball, Guinness Record Attempt, workshops (Dying in Battle, Duelling, Period Cooking, and more) and Skirmish.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Festival Schedule (2012)
The festival takes place along Ottawa's Sparks Street pedestrian mall between Elgin Street and Kent Street. Shows start daily at 11:00am. Make sure you bring some loonies & toonies for the performers!
- There are set performance times for certain locations, but there will also be unscheduled performances popping up along the street and in surrounding areas.
- 2013 details to come!
Road Closures (from 2012)
- Thursday & Friday, 6pm-12am: Metcalfe Street closed between Sparks & Wellington.
- Saturday, Sunday & Monday, 10am-12am: Metcalfe Street and O'Connor Street closed between Sparks & Wellington.
Where to park
- It'll be busy, but World Exchange at Metcalfe & Queen has free parking on the weekend. (Entrance from Metcalfe.)
- There's also the parking lot under 240 Sparks. Entrance is on Queen Street between Bank and Kent.
- There are lots of parking lots around downtown, just remember to pay!
- Another great option is to take the bus. OC Transpo's Transitway runs on Albert and Slater, just a couple blocks from Sparks Street.
Recommended Links & More info
- Sparks Street Mall (official site)
- Flickr: Ottawa busker photos
- YouTube: Ottawa busker videos
- OttawaStart Blog: Ottawa Buskers
About Sparks Street Mall
Sparks Street Mall is a pedestrian street (no cars allowed!) located one block south of Parliament Hill in downtown Ottawa. The street spans five full city blocks (map), and is lined by restaurants, shops, museums, and more. It's also home to CBC Ottawa's tv and radio studios.