Good2Go at Bluesfest 2010. Photo by Ming Wu.
Ottawa Bluesfest 2014 - July 3-13
Ottawa's biggest and best music festival will take place from July 3-13, 2014. This year's event takes place at Lebreton Flats & the War Museum, near downtown Ottawa. You'll find lots of news and links on this page, including a growing list of local blogs covering the RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest.
Featured Events and Entertainment Listings
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Brew Donkey Charity Tour Series
A monthly brewery tour supporting local charities - First Sunday of every month, raising find by raising a glass."
- October 18-November 1, 2014: Montreal Artist Presents Exciting New Work in Ottawa
Danièle Lemieux will present a collection of recent paintings in a solo show Food for Thought, at Wallack Galleries, 203 Bank Street, October 18th to November 1. In this exhibition, Lemieux explores the duality concept of sustenance; the feeding of the body and, through art, the feeding of the soul.
- October 23, 2014: 8th Annual Babes4Breasts Concert
A National Benefit Concert fundraising for a variety of Breast Cancer charities. This year's concert will feature Coco Love Alcorn, Scarlett Jane, Jadea Kelly, Laura Cortese, Amanda Rheaume and Ana Miura. At South Minster United Church (15 Alymer Ave), 8:00pm.
- November 6-15, 2014: Phoenix Players present The Dixie Swim Club
Nov. 6-8, 11-15 at 7:30pm; Nov. 8, 9, 15 at 2:30pm
The Gladstone Theatre, 910 Gladstone Avenue
Tickets: Adults $18, Seniors/Students $15. Available online or by phone at 613 233 4523.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Tickets are available at the festival site from July 3-13, or at the following locations:
- Ottawa Festivals at 450 Churchill Ave. N. 1st Floor reception
- BOTH Compact Music Inc. locations: 206 Bank St and 785 1/2 Bank St
- Bayshore Shopping Centre (1st Floor beside Geox
- Rideau Centre Ticket Kiosk (2nd Floor beside Aritzia)
- For more info visit: http://ottawabluesfest.ca/tickets/
The 2014 Bluesfest Line-Up
RBC Bluesfest organizers announced the initial line-up for Bluesfest 2014 on March 26. The line-up is subject to change and more artists could be added in the coming weeks.
Lady Gaga, The Killers, Blake Shelton, Queens of the Stone Age, Lady Antebellum, Journey, Snoop Dogg (AKA Snoop Lion), Zedd, The Band Perry, RL Grime, Tegan and Sara, AWOLNATION, Phantogram, Barenaked Ladies, Young the Giant, Gary Clark Jr., Third Eye Blind, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue.
Complete list of confirmed acts to date include:
|AJ Ghent Band|
|Black Joe Lewis|
|Dave Mason’s Traffic Jam|
|Dr. Hook feat. Ray Sawyer|
|Drive By Truckers|
|Gary Clark Jr.|
|Harper and Midwest Kind|
|Honey Island Swamp Band|
|JJ Grey & Mofro|
|Joe Louis Walker|
|John Németh & The Bo-Keys featuring Percy Wiggins|
|Little Freddie King|
|Long Shen Dao|
|Long Tall Deb|
|No BS! Brass Band|
|Procol Harum with the NAC Symphony Orchestra|
|Queens of the Stone Age|
|Sam Roberts Band|
|Sugar Ray & the Bluetones|
|Tegan and Sara|
|The Band Perry|
|The London Souls|
|The Texas Horns|
|Third Eye Blind|
|Tokyo Police Club|
|Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue|
|Young the Giant|
Local musicians include:
Amos the Transparent
John Allaire and the Campistas
Jonathan Becker & The North Fields
Keturah Johnson Band
Mackenzie Rhythm Section
Old Whiskey Road
Pith and the Parenchymas
Sound of Lions
Still Winter Hills
- ottawabluesfest.ca (official
The official site of the 2013 Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest includes a full calendar plus an interactive schedule marker to help you plan out your visit.
- OttawaStart Blog: Bluesfest
A collection of current & past articles about Bluesfest from our blog.
- CapitalTickets.ca (official online ticket seller)
- If you're blogging about Bluesfest, tell us about it so we can add you to this list!
- The Big Beat / Peter Simpson
- Corner Shop Studios
- Ottawa Blues This Week
- Ottawa Citizen Digital Lounge
- OttawaStart Blog: Bluesfest
- Ottawa Sun: Ottawa Scene
- Ottawa Tonite
- PhotogMusic.com (photos)
- Ottawa Bluesfest photos on Flickr
- Ottawa Bluesfest Fan Page (Facebook)
- NO Audio recording devices, video equipment, or professional photography equipment
- More rules & regs are on the Bluesfest FAQ.
- Parking is limited at the site so if you can, take a bus or taxi, walk, or cycle to Bluesfest.
- Cycling: Take one of Ottawa's scenic bike paths, then park in one of the secure bike parking areas.
- Bus: OC Transpo has a nearby Transitway stop at Lebreton Flats. All east-west bus routes stop here as they pass through. OC Transpo is also adding buses to help transport all the Bluesfest fans...
- If you have to bring your car, the closest parking lots include: Place de Ville (Queen and Kent), Place du Portage (Rue Maisonneuve) and Terrace de la Chaudière (Rue Eddy) . Good Companions (670 Albert Street) has a limited number of spaces for $15.
- More info from the Bluesfest official site...
The festival started in 1994 with over 5,000 people attending a Clarence Clemons concert at Majors Hill Park. Since then, the festival has grown to feature over a week's worth of concerts, entertaining over 200,000 fans each year.
The latest on Twitter