Ottawa Apartments Guide
Ottawa typically has a low apartment vacancy rate, but relatively high turnover due to the high number of students and government employees. This guide links to several apartment listing sites, as well as resources to help if you're stuck in a dispute with your landlord.
- Rent In Ottawa Property Management
If you are searching for a condo, apartment, penthouse, townhouse or house for rent, you have come to the right place! Rent In Ottawa rental properties are all professionally managed. Our properties rent quickly so be sure to act promptly to secure your ideal home.
& Bobbie McGowan
Re/Max Affiliates Realty Ltd.
Geoff & Bobbie are consistently ranked in the top 100 RE/MAX sales associates in Canada and the top 15 MLS realtors in Ottawa. Their service areas include Ottawa, Kanata, Nepean, Stittsville, Manotick, Gloucester and Orleans. Whether you're moving across the country or across the street, buying your first home or investing in real estate, the McGowan team is here to assist you! . Geoff & Bobbie - dedicated to assisting you in achieving your real estate goals and dreams!
- Oasis Realty Brokerage: Full Service For Less!
An independent residential real estate brokerage providing full service assistance to Ottawa buyers and sellers. Two Brokers working for you! Why pay more? To find out how much you’ll save buying and selling with us check our website at www.oasisrealtyottawa.com.
Gord McCormick, Broker of Record. Dawn Davey, Broker.
email@example.com or 613-435-4692
- Malcolm Gibb Realty Ltd.
Make smart real estate moves! We're a small, independent brokerage focused on residential buying and selling services. For us, working in real estate is about much more than ensuring a smooth transaction. It’s about providing meaningful support during a major life transition. Visit www.malcolmgibb.com to learn more or get to know us better at www.facebook.com/MalcolmGibbRealtyLtd.
- Mary Lou Morris Homes Team
Distinctive properties require an uncommon approach. Mary Lou Morris Homes Team recognizes that distinctive properties attract our market’s most discriminating home buyers. We will customize a marketing strategy with quality presentation materials that reflect the exclusive nature of your home. The Ottawa area offers the unique opportunity to own a waterfront home or recreational property within minutes of the city. Enjoying the benefits of waterfront living along the Ottawa River Mary Lou & her team, who all reside in the area, are uniquely prepared to assist you. Buying or selling, allow us the unique privilege of bringing your dreams home.
- Concierge Home Services
Call Concierge and experience our award winning service. Our reliability is backed by 10+ years on the BBB Honour Roll. We help homeowners and pet parents across Ottawa with regular and occasional housecleaning, pet sitting and home checks. Visit our site to see how we can help you.
- Wholesale Furniture Brokers Canada
Wholesale Furniture Brokers Canada offers free shipping and additional discounts on quick shipping, stocked furniture and mattresses in Ottawa and many surrounding areas.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Resources & info
- City of Ottawa Housing
- Fair Rental Policy Organization (FRPO)
- Housing Help
- Ontario ministry of housing
- Landlord and Tenant Board
- Ontario Tenants Rights
- Ottawa Newcomers' Club
- Ottawa Real Estate Guide
- Ottawa Homes Guide (contractors, services, furniture, etc.)
- Ottawa Maps Guide
- Recommended Reading
- Sun Classifieds - Homes, Rentals
- Citizen Classifieds - Rentals
- Apartmently - Ottawa Apartments for Rent
- Downtown Ottawa Apartments
- Gotta Rent
- Local City Rentals
- Ontario Tenants Directory
- Rent Compass
- ott.housing (newsgroup)
Property Management / Rental Companies
- Commvesco Levinson-Viner
- District Realty
- Forbes Property Management
- High Tide Property Management
- Ottawa-Gatineau Rentals
- Paramount Properties
- RentInOttawa Property Management
- Sleepwell Management Co.
- Taggart Realty Management
Misc links & listings
University & College Housing
- Carleton U. housing
- Ottawa U.housing
- Algonquin College housing
- Ontario Student Housing
- Find more information for new and returning students on our Student Guide.
Moving & Storage
- Visit our Real Estate Guide...
- 7 Tips To Accommodate Guests In Your New Apartment
- 10 Innovative Ways to Maximize Space in your Apartment
- Create an Apartment Fit for a Professional
Things to ask
- Are there any apartments available?
- What is the rent?
- What utilities (water, heat, hydro) are included in the rent?
- What appliances are include in the rent?
- What is the parking charge for outdoor and indoor?
- Where is the laundry facility?
- Which floor is the apartment located?
- How many floors are there in the building?
- How old is the bulding?
- Are there any elevators and how many elevators?
- Which direction is the apartment facing?
- What is the area size in square foot?
- Is the floor hardwood, parquet or carpet?
- Is there a private balcony?
- Can we install satelite dish?
- What do I need to bring along when applying?
- smoke detector
- electrical outlets
- doors and windows
Having problems with your landlord? These organizations can help:
- Community Legal Services (Ottawa-Carleton)
1 Nicholas Street, Suite #422
- South Ottawa Community Legal Services
1355 Bank Street, Suite #406
- West End Legal Services
1299 Richmond Road
The latest on Twitter