|End of summer in Carleton Place. Photo by Marcel Regimbald, from the OttawaStart Flickr Group.|
Hurry! Act now! Time is running out! Here are 30 things to do in Ottawa before the end of summer. Ready, set, go!
- Build a rock sculpture on the Ottawa River.
- Buy everything you need for dinner at a farmers’ market.
- Watch Mosaika on Parliament Hill.
- Visit a museum. (Learn about ants or use The Force.)
- Have dinner at 8 Locks Flat along the Canal.
- Take a cool photo of our city and share it with the rest of us.
- Watch a movie in a park. (For example, in Centretown or Stittsville.)
- Watch the fireworks at Lac Leamy.
- Ride your bike down a parkway on Sunday.
- Bike down that really steep hill behind Major’s Hill Park.
- Hire a rickshaw to drive you through downtown.
- March along with the Changing of the Guard.
- Have a picnic at Pinhey’s Point or the Arboretum.
- Eat some street food.
- Build a sand castle at a local beach.
- Take your dog for a run at Lemieux Island.
- Drink a local beer on a local patio.
- Do some dancing on Sparks Street.
- Check out the classic cars at Hazeldean Mall.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Walk around and admire Ottawa’s street art.
- Visit an Ottawa winery.
- Invite your neighbours over for a barbecue.
- Play mini-golf.
- Do yoga on Parliament Hill.
- Paddle around Dow’s Lake.
- Take a little road trip to Manotick or Carleton Place or Almonte or Wakefield or Perth.
- Go to the fair.
- Teach yourself how to skateboard.
- Go zip lining.
What else should we add to this list? Add your ideas in the comments below.
See also: Ottawa Tourism Guide
If you liked this post, you should subscribe to etcetera, our free email newsletter. Featuring cool Ottawa events, interesting local news and contests and giveaways. Thanks!