Highlights of the 2014 Transit Services Customer Survey were released today. Once again, results are demonstrating that OC Transpo is making progress on providing service excellence to its customers. The annual survey continues to provide valuable insight into how our customers feel about our service; they identify areas where we are meeting their expectations, and suggest areas where OC Transpo can improve.
Some highlights of the survey:
- 78 per cent of transit customers rated OC Transpo as good or very good.
- 90 per cent of customers feel safe and secure using the transit system.
- 83 per cent of customers are confident that OC Transpo operators know what to do if an incident occurs.
- 82 per cent of all respondents felt that OC Transpo was “succeeding” or “making an effort” to be responsive to customer needs.
- 71 per cent of people in Ottawa, including both transit customers and non-users, rate OC Transpo as good or very good.
“The 2014 Customer Survey demonstrates that OC Transpo is continuing to improve customer service,” said Mayor Jim Watson. “Safety is a top priority for Transit Services and it is positive to hear that 90 per cent of our customers feel safe and secure using the transit system.”
The hard work and dedication of the Transit Commission, staff and union leadership has continued to reinforce OC Transpo’s position as a world-class transit system. OC Transpo is committed to working on the areas that survey respondents identified as being important to them, such as on-time performance, service reliability and safety.
“We know how important OC Transpo’s services are to transit customers so we are always aiming to improve the transit experience,” said Councillor Stephen Blais, Chair of the Transit Commission. “The feedback received is valuable and gives us an opportunity to make our services even better – something we continuously strive for.”
The survey is an opportunity to listen and collect the feedback of our customers and non-customers through a structured, scientifically sound process. Responses to 2,005 interviews were collected via a telephone survey between November 1 and November 23, 2014.
Please visit octranspo.com to review the survey results.