News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- HRH THE PRINCE OF WALES TO ATTEND PERFORMANCE OF CANADA'S NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE ORCHESTRA AND THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF CANADIAN SOLDIER CPL. NATHAN CIRILLO
NAC Orchestra’s U.K. Tour of remembrance, performance and education will pay special tribute to young soldier who died at the Canadian War Memorial
- Preston Street closed at Albert Street
Beginning on Saturday, October 25, Preston Street will be closed at Albert Street. This closure is necessary for sewer and road construction work.
- One Direction visit Canadian Tire Centre on Sept. 8, 2015
Tuesday, Sept. 8, at 7 p.m. – Canadian Tire Centre (Ottawa) One Direction announce Canadian dates for the worldwide On the Road Again 2015 stadium tour Tickets on sale on Saturday, Oct. 25, at 10 a.m.
- Prince of Wales from Crestway to Fallowfield to be closed this weekend
This weekend, from Friday October 24 at 7 p.m. until Monday, October 27 at 6 a.m., Prince of Wales Drive from Crestway Drive to Fallowfield Road will be closed
- Ottawa Municipal Election voting places open for 10 hours on Monday
All eligible electors are reminded that all 334 voting places for the 2014 Ottawa Municipal Election, excluding certain polls located in long-term care and seniors’ residences will be open Monday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cinderella - Nov 28, 29, 30, Dec 5, 6
The Mississippi Mudds will perform Cinderella Nov. 28 & 29 at 7:30pm, Nov. 30 at 2pm, Dec. 5 at 7:30pm & Dec. 6 at 2pm & 7:30pm at the Carleton Place Town Hall. Tickets at Reads Book Shop, 135 Bridge St., Carleton Place, 613-257-7323. mississippimudds.ca
- Municipal candidates' views on architecture and urban design
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) polled Ottawa municipal candidates on issues related to architecture and urban design.
- Career Forum for Grade 8 Students (Formally World of Work)
Finding Your Pathway 2014 Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9 a.m. – 2: 30 p.m. Ernst & Young Centre Career Forum for Grade 8 Students (Formally World of Work)
- Sections of Colonel By Drive and Queen Elizabeth Driveway Temporarily Closed This Weekend
Sections of Colonel By Drive and the Queen Elizabeth Driveway will be temporarily closed to motor vehicle traffic on Saturday, October 25 and Sunday, October 26, 2014.
- Book of Remembrance to honour Corporal Nathan Cirillo
A Book of Remembrance is available for residents who wish to pay tribute to Corporal Nathan Cirillo, of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise's), who gave his life yesterday in service to Canada.
- CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE UPCOMING EVENTS
Canadian Tire Centre (@CdnTireCtr), Ottawa’s premier sports and entertainment venue, is presenting the following events between Oct. 23, 2014, and April 12, 2015.
- NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE SHOWS TO PROCEED – MOST ENTRANCES ACCESSIBLE
Audience members encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays caused by downtown road closures
- Restricted traffic access in the downtown core
The following closures are in effect in the vicinity of the War Monument: Wellington Street is closed from O’Connor Street to Mackenzie Avenue; and, Elgin Street is closed between Queen Street and Wellington Street.
- Free Film Screenings at the 32nd Festival Japan
The Canadian Film Institute is once again honoured to present free screenings of some of the best films of contemporary Japanese cinema. Presented in collaboration with the Embassy of Japan and The Japan Foundation.
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
Reflections. Photo by Derek Mellon from the OttawaStart Flickr Group.
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter