News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- Foyer Gallery is pleased to present Fall Rhapsody
Foyer Gallery is pleased to present Fall Rhapsody, a group exhibition celebrating autumn and its many delights.
- Hip Hop Burlesque show: C.R. AVERY's "Some Birds Walk For The Hell Of It"
House of PainT and Anvil Press proudly present "SOME BIRDS WALK FOR THE HELL OF IT" A night of hip hop and burlesque starring the beatbox poet, punk pianist and iconoclast C.R. Avery. Special guests PrufRock Shadowrunner & DJ CPI.
- This Week's Festivals and Events
This Week's Festivals and Events: Ottawa International Writers Festival (Oct 23-30)
- Council Candidates Prepared to Fight Energy East, as TransCanada Prepares Application
As TransCanada Prepares to File Energy East Application, 90% of Ottawa City Council Candidates Prepared to Fight Project
- New format at OPL’s 7th Annual Small Business Week® Speaker Series
This year’s Ottawa Public Library (OPL) Annual Small Business Week® Speaker Series, which is held in collaboration with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Friends of the Ottawa Public Library Association (FOPLA), takes on a new format
- Food Bazaar - Saturday, November 15, 2014
Food Bazaar - Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. St Stephen's Presbyterian Church, 579 Parkdale Avenue (corner of Sherwood Drive)
- Boil Water Advisory in effect for 200 addresses in Blackburn Hamlet
Ottawa Public Health (OPH) has issued a Boil Water Advisory for approximately 200 water users in Blackburn Hamlet. The advisory is in effect until further notice.
- Unveiling of Algonquin birchbark canoe crafted by Elder William Commanda and gifted to Friends of Gatineau Park
A birchbark canoe, made by Algonquin Elder William Commanda and gifted to the Friends of Gatineau Park by the Waddell family, will now be part of the National Capital Commission’s (NCC) Gatineau Park Visitor Centre.
- Upcoming ramp closures and lane reductions on Highways 417 and 174
Residents are advised of the following lane reductions and ramp closures on Highway 417 and Highway 174:
- D-Cafe: Diabetes Peer Support Group
Diabetes Peer Support Group - November 19th at the Canadian Diabetes Association Office (45 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON, K1L 5E8)
- The Well / La Source 30th Anniversary "Wellebration"
Joins us for a family-style turkey dinner, entertainment and celebration of 30 years of The Well / La Source providing support and care to the Ottawa Community.
- Helping Babies In Need - One Diaper At A Time
The Fifth Annual Bare Bottoms Diaper Drive aims to raise 10,000 diapers for babies in need.
- RPM and Dan 'Elvis' Burgess Halloween Dinner and Dance on Saturday November 1st
RPM Rock Band and Dan 'Elvis' Burgess Halloween Dinner and Dance on Saturday November 1st at the Knights of Columbus Hall 260 McArthur Avenue in Ottawa
- sKreamers is not for Families!
The excavation revealed the long lost doors to the Asylum and it's never been the same since. The Kiwanis Club of Orleans presents "sKreamers", Ottawa's most terrifying haunted experience and community project fundraiser. www.skreamers.ca
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
Cliché Fall Parliament by ssstevieb, from the OttawaStart Flickr Group
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at email@example.com or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter