News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- Brewery Market to start APRIL 26, 2014. Hintonburg Park
Wellington West welcomes The Brewery Market! This is your chance to learn about, try, and meet the people behind the best beer Ontario has to offer.
- Curvy Girls Scoliosis Support Group of Ottawa Awareness Walk June 1 2014.
Come support the Curvy Girls Scoliosis Support Group of Ottawa at our 3rd Annual Scoliosis Awareness Walk on June 1, 2014. Proceeds and Donations will help support Scoliosis Awareness and CHEO Foundation.
- Curvy Girls Scoliosis Support Group Monthly Meeting for Teens & Parents - April 25 @ 6pm
Scoliosis support meeting for pre-teens, teens & parents is on Fri Apr 25 @ 6pm. All members & new members welcome. Please RSVP email@example.com.
- Atlantic University Alumni Pub Night, Thursday, June 5, 2014
Join the 7th annual east coast party in Ottawa! Join other alumni and friends of Canada's east coast universities from 5:30pm to 9:00pm. The fun takes place at Hooley's Pub (292 Elgin Street, Ottawa).
- A World-Class Equestrian Centre and a Local Attraction for the Capital Region
Wesley Clover Parks will become a multi-million dollar outdoor recreation and learning hub in the Greenbelt
- RBC Bluesfest: Slash of Guns N’ Roses fame and Said The Whale latest additions to festival line-up
Slash of Guns N’ Roses fame and Said The Whale latest additions to festival line-up
- Railway Crossings Back to Normal: Fallowfield Road, Greenbank Road, Jockvale Road and Strandherd Road
Following maintenance work that took place over recent weeks, VIA Rail announces that operations at crossings located at Fallowfield Road, Greenbank Road, Jockvale Road and Strandherd Roadwill return to normal today at 7 p.m.
- Call for student posters to raise awareness on essential role of water
The City is launching a call for posters that increase awareness about drinking water and the significance of water in our community.
- Reminder: Volunteer for the Alcatel-Lucent Sunday Bikedays and Contribute to the Success of a Unique Activity in the Capital
Join the team of volunteers who, each year, contribute their time, talents and energy so that thousands of outdoor enthusiasts can get out and enjoy more than 50 kilometres of scenic parkways free of motor vehicle traffic.
- Canadian Tire Centre Upcoming Events
Canadian Tire Centre (@CdnTireCtr), Ottawa's premier sports and entertainment venue, is presenting the following events between April 24 and Nov. 15, 2014.
- Service delays anticipated during replacement of truck scale at the City’s Trail Road Waste Facility
Disruptions to regular operations are expected during the replacement of a truck scale at the Trail Road Waste Facility, scheduled from 7 a.m. on Friday, April 25 to 6 p.m. on Monday, May 5, 2014.
- 3D Printing Roadshow
An introduction and demonstration using a 3D printer.
- Introduction to Painting
An overview of painting of techniques and equipment required for studio and "en plein air".
- Goulbourn Museum is Hiring for the Summer
Goulbourn Museum is hiring for the summer. Deadline for applications is May 7th.
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
"Chateau Laurier Study C" Photo by Helene Lacelle.
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter